KNOW YOUR VISA TYPE
Visa Application Center has been appointed as an outsourced partner by the Consulate General of Belgium in Jerusalem, to facilitate short stay visa applications to Belgium or Luxemburg.
Visa applications will be accepted at the Visa Application Center in Ramallah, in accordance with the respective place of residence of the applicant.
Foreign nationals who wish to travel to Belgium must be in possession of a visa, unless they are nationals from countries which are not included in the list of countries with the obligation to carry a visa in order to cross external borders for stays in the Schengen Area of no more than (90 days) in any period of (180 days).
In case the applicant intends to visit various Schengen countries the country responsible for issuing the relevant visa for the entire duration of the trip, including for other Schengen countries will be determined in the following order:
- The Embassy/Consulate of the country in which the traveller is going to stay the longest.
- If the traveller is to stay the same time in different Schengen countries, the Embassy/Consulate of the country of first entry.
Please note that the following essentials must be met by all applicants submitting their applications for visa.
- Passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Passport should be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which the applicant intends to leave the SCHENGEN territory, or, in the case of multiple journeys the date on which the applicant intends to leave it for the last time
- Applications are only accepted within 3 months of the requested date of arrival
- Relevant Forms & Photograph: Fully completed application form appropriate to the type of visa
- Application will be accepted only until 15 days (excluding Visa Application Center handling time) before the date of travel.
The collection of passports at the Belgium Visa Application Center can be done by :
- The applicant himself or.
- A representative carrying a photo id of himself/herself and an authority letter from the applicant .
As a general rule, a decision will be taken by the consulate or the Aliens Office in Belgium or the competent authorities of Luxemburg within 15 days from the date appearing on the stamp affixed to your travel document and indicating that your application is admissible. However, this deadline may be extended up to 30 days and even, exceptionally, 60 days, if a more detailed examination of your application and/or additional documents are required. In that case, your application will be sent to the Aliens Office in Belgium or the competent authorities of Luxemburg, which will take the final decision.
Note likewise that one SCHENGEN State may require the other SCHENGEN States to consult it before issuing a visa to a national of certain third countries. As a general rule, the Member State consulted will give a definitive reply within 7 to 14 days. If you are a national of a country on this list, make sure you lodge your visa application in good time (but at the earliest 3 months before the planned start of your journey) to avoid any disappointment and unnecessary costs.
Collection of the processed passports from the VFS Belgium Visa Application Centre can be done between 09:00 – 16:00, Sunday-Thursday. Applicants can instantly track the status of their application online by clicking on Track your Application. There will be no need to follow up with the Consulate General of Belgium in Jerusalem or the helpline to ascertain when the passport will be returned.
Your application will not be admissible and will thus not be examined if you do not lodge a completed, signed application form, a valid travel document and a photograph, if you do not pay the visa fees and , if you do not agree to give your biometric data.Next